The Band Perry Forum
Welcome to The Band Perry Forum
Come and join us, login or register now. Share news, photos, videos and opinions... Talk about shows and meet-and-greets and much more.
The Band Perry Forum
Welcome to The Band Perry Forum
Come and join us, login or register now. Share news, photos, videos and opinions... Talk about shows and meet-and-greets and much more.
The Band Perry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Band Perry first forum. Talk about eveything Perry.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Hello Fans Perry! I'm sister woman Amanda :)
Sophomore Album EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 6:40 pm by AmandaDFanPerry

» The Band Perry at BBC Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park
Sophomore Album EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 3:00 pm by TBP_Fan

» Women Who Rock Style Files
Sophomore Album EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:50 pm by edge_of_the_ocean

» The Band Perry at The Opry
Sophomore Album EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:43 pm by edge_of_the_ocean

» The Band Perry nominated for Teen Choice Awards 2012
Sophomore Album EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:04 pm by TBP_Fan

» Kimberly Perry will co-host CMA Music Festival: Country's Night To Rock
Sophomore Album EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 1:12 am by TBP_Fan

» The Band Perry on Today Show NYC
Sophomore Album EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:30 pm by TBP_Fan

» Postcard From Paris (CMT)
Sophomore Album EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:49 pm by TBP_Fan

» Postcard From Paris
Sophomore Album EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:46 pm by TBP_Fan

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Statistics
We have 50 registered users
The newest registered user is Profotablu

Our users have posted a total of 211 messages in 88 subjects

Sophomore Album

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TBP_Fan
Postcard From Paris
TBP_Fan

Sophomore Album Empty
PostSubject: Sophomore Album   Sophomore Album EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"The Band Perry kicks off the second leg of the Paisley Virtual Reality Tour May 18 in St. Louis. They hint they may preview some of the material from their next album during their set."

Songs they've performed live that might be on their second album:
  • It Burns For You - listen live version here and here
  • Jimmy - listen live version here
  • Sweet Baby Love
  • End of Times
  • Back to Me Without You
  • A Night Gone Wasted - listen live version here

• End of Times - Kimberly Perry described as “a big statement from the three of us.[...] I feel like musically it has progressed us to a new level while still embracing everything we were on the first album,” she said. “It’s a little bit of an eerie way to start the set, very Southern gothic.”

• Sweet Baby Love - new down home country , got the crowd on its feet and then steered into more familiar territory with their first radio single “Hip to My Heart.”

• It Burns for You - which Perry said was a “new one for the lovers” and spotlights youngest brother Neil Perry on mandolin.

• Back to Me Without You - was a crowd favorite that might be the trio’s next single.

• Jimmy - a sassy up-tempo tune that showcases the siblings’ rock ‘n roll influences.

• A Night Gone Wasted - punctuated by a few lines from The Beatles’ “With a Little Help From My Friends,” features a bouncy vocal exchange between Neil and Kimberly and seems destined to be a light-hearted anthem among young adults.

Last edited by TBP_Fan on Sat May 26, 2012 4:52 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://thebandperry.forumeiros.com
thebandperryfan
Miss you Being Gone
thebandperryfan

Sophomore Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sophomore Album   Sophomore Album EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:06 pm

The new songs are just soo amazing...Can't wait for the studio versions winking
Back to top Go down
edge_of_the_ocean
Miss you Being Gone
edge_of_the_ocean

Sophomore Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sophomore Album   Sophomore Album EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Band Perry talk a bit about the new album:
timesdispatch.com wrote:
Neil Perry has lobbied his siblings for more accordion on The Band Perry's next album.

"I just think it would connect with people in the right way," he argued.

Not so much, countered big sis Kimberly, although she would be open to a polka number to follow the enormous success of their 2010 eponymous debut album.

Reid, the middle sibling, offered an unbinding compromise: "Maybe. We'll see," he said, ending a little sibling squabble in a Nashville hotel parking lot in April.

"We have disagreements," Reid explained. "We call it that because it's a more grown-up word than 'argument.' "

"This is a democracy in The Band Perry," added Neil. "Whenever there are three-way splits and ties, we usually bring in our mother, who is the tie-breaker. And sometimes we will do arm-wrestling, which is also very effective."

"Or rock, paper, scissors or any of those age-old games that you use to settle disagreements," Kimberly chimed in.

There is no real sibling rivalry among the Perry kids, who have spent the past 13 years performing together, the last two in the glare of a national spotlight.

The multiplatinum breakout single "If I Die Young" propelled the trio to land on several high-profile tours, including the Brad Paisley outing that started this month.

The song, which Kimberly penned in the family's east Tennessee basement, earned them best song and single awards last year from the Country Music Association, and the band brought home best new artist and best new vocal group awards from the Academy of Country Music in 2010.

The follow-up album to their debut is in the backs of their minds.

"This wise man once told us the second album is just the next step in a long career," Reid said. "We've been doing this for 13 years, so yes, it is our sophomore project, but if you think of it in the grander scheme of things it takes a little bit of the pressure off."

"The things that brought us to the dance in the first place - writing songs that were 100 percent honest, songs that we were 100 percent in love with and songs that were characters of their own merit - we're just focusing on all of these things," added Kimberly. "I feel like we're writing better than we have before."

For Kimberly, the bigger the show, the more complex the math - big shows feel like calculus and club shows are like geometry - but it's all the same skills, she said.

"We read each other so well," she added. "So if one of us - usually me - misses a chord, the other kind of throws this look that says, 'That was you. Go ahead and claim that one.' "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sophomore Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sophomore Album   Sophomore Album Empty

Back to top Go down

Sophomore Album
Page 1 of 1